Here goes... Coronavirus.

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
19 March 2015
If you want a really good hand sanitiser just order some surgical spirit off ebay, way better than the stuff on the shop shelves, but good hand hygiene with soap and hot water will be fine for most people unless your dealing with at risk groups
Oh we have some.. in fact we have a fair amount actually... but you can't buy any in the shops. Let alone much else. Madness.

D

Deleted member 11852

The world is turning into a joke..they said the other day if everyone in the uk contracted the virus only 5% would be hospitalised with it..so why are they locking countries down..what should be happening is the people with serious underlying health conditions should stay in their homes as they are the ones really at risk of becoming another statistic..nearly all of the fatalities at the moment have been people with serious underlying problems...I can only see this lunacy with the shops emptying getting worse..W..:palm:

D

Deleted member 11852

Thankfully the toilet roll lunacy hasnt hit whitby yet ,but ive seen posters going up in shops stating no more than 2 packs per customer .
And i called into work earlier to hear 1 of the staff say we are not allowed to touch anyone :palm:
The country has gone mad..one of the lads in work the other night was trying to tell me if you get it your dead within a week..when I pointed out people with underlying health conditions were the only ones at risk he said I get pains in my back and legs..I told him he’s fucked then.. :rofl: :rofl: ..this is what we are up against..he’s probably in the queue now for toilet rolls..W..:tiphat:

24 November 2015
The country has gone mad..one of the lads in work the other night was trying to tell me if you get it your dead within a week..when I pointed out people with underlying health conditions were the only ones at risk he said I get pains in my back and legs..I told him he’s fucked then.. :rofl: :rofl: ..this is what we are up against..he’s probably in the queue now for toilet rolls..W..:tiphat:
Omg me ord bag a bones is gonna pop off soon then ,he keeps saying hes ancient :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

25 January 2020
City
Manchester

Expect a major announcement today.
Do you think BoJo would shut down the country, Italy style?
The economy is going to suffer majorly if the schools close.
I doubt he will shut the country down the UK has no where near as many cases as Italy, Germany or France yet. Really any measures before that should be stopping flights into the country from Italy etc having the elderly and vulnerable self isolate. If you impose it now it's far too early 590, 29,764 people have been tested of those 590 have been found to be infected that's only 2% (1.98%) of those tested, so far 10 people who were in the high risk categories with underlying health conditions have passed away that's 1.7% (1.69%) of those infected. So far globally of the closed cases 73,423, 94% have fully recovered 6% have passed away of number still infected 56,352 90% are mild condition and 10% are serious conditions. Globally of the the 129,775 who are or have been infected 4,751 people have passed away 3.7%, 0.3% above the rate WHO originally stated of 3.4%, but in the UK that rate is only 1.7% and 100% of those were in the high risk categories. Swine flu infected 28,500 killing 337 in the UK 67% (226) were high risk 33% (111) had mild or no pre-existing conditions a death rate of 1.18%.
They expect this to peak end of April start of May. So no point locking down now as people will start to ignore it when it will be needed most.

24 November 2015
I doubt he will shut the country down the UK has no where near as many cases as Italy, Germany or France yet. Really any measures before that should be stopping flights into the country from Italy etc having the elderly and vulnerable self isolate. If you impose it now it's far too early 590, 29,764 people have been tested of those 590 have been found to be infected that's only 2% (1.98%) of those tested, so far 10 people who were in the high risk categories with underlying health conditions have passed away that's 1.7% (1.69%) of those infected. So far globally of the closed cases 73,423, 94% have fully recovered 6% have passed away of number still infected 56,352 90% are mild condition and 10% are serious conditions. Globally of the the 129,775 who are or have been infected 4,751 people have passed away 3.7%, 0.3% above the rate WHO originally stated of 3.4%, but in the UK that rate is only 1.7% and 100% of those were in the high risk categories. Swine flu infected 28,500 killing 337 in the UK 67% (226) were high risk 33% (111) had mild or no pre-existing conditions a death rate of 1.18%.
They expect this to peak end of April start of May. So no point locking down now as people will start to ignore it when it will be needed most.
You say the elderly and vulnerable self isolate but surely these people need more care now than ever before, many of the elderly rarely see others as it is without making them seem like lepers, and the vulnerable will be even more so before this passes

25 January 2020
City
Manchester
You say the elderly and vulnerable self isolate but surely these people need more care now than ever before, many of the elderly rarely see others as it is without making them seem like lepers, and the vulnerable will be even more so before this passes
Well that would be the logical next step as unfortunately they are most at risk the issue you have is self isolate or risk infection possible death if they aren't strong enough to fight it off. Rather than banning things the issue with banning events becomes ridiculous if you are still expecting people to go to work, packed with more than 100 strangers on trains, buses and the tube.
This is something that the government (all of them) should prepare for, the money for the NHS shouldn't disappear when this ends. There were only 3 global pandemics in the whole of the 20th century, there has now been 5 since 2002, so these aren't going anywhere, and again, unfortunately it is the elderly and vulnerable who are more susceptible.

21 January 2020
Had a meeting today at work and the company I work for might shut for 3 weeks to protect there work force can’t see it happening because of the sector we work in we will be needed.

Reactions: Therapon
25 January 2020
City
Manchester
Had a meeting today at work and the company I work for might shut for 3 weeks to protect there work force can’t see it happening because of the sector we work in we will be needed.
I wouldn't yet, if they close now and it peaks end of April when you are back they haven't solved anything. Can they afford to close for 5 weeks or more. As they are expecting Italian style lockdown once it gets worse than this by the end of April start of May.

25 January 2020
City
Manchester
Boris advice for England and Wales, no school trips abroad from Friday, so leave now, and no old people allowed on cruises hahaha.

Scotland have banned large gatherings at events, but not stopping the mass gatherings caused by the commute to work where people are most likely to become infected crammed into buses, trains and trams, compared to open air spaces in stadiums and large theatres.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200312-171056_BBC News.jpg
    Screenshot_20200312-171056_BBC News.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 5
D

Deleted member 16044

Thankfully the toilet roll lunacy hasnt hit whitby yet ,but ive seen posters going up in shops stating no more than 2 packs per customer .
And i called into work earlier to hear 1 of the staff say we are not allowed to touch anyone :palm:
Was like that for me today going to a meet and greet.

Reactions: Pearls
25 January 2020
City
Manchester
What was that boris said, we are 4 weeks behind Italy we not on lock down
Well chief medical officer has said it's not necessary yet current UK population 67.7 million current people infected 590 = 0.0009%. Or 1.7% of all those currently tested. Other countries with higher numbers haven't imposed bans on events yet.

Attachments

• 20200312_181528.jpg
    20200312_181528.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20200312_181555.jpg
    20200312_181555.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20200312_181608.jpg
    20200312_181608.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 4