Here goes... Coronavirus.

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
10 March 2015
I think the Govt have lost the plot.
A second wave is inevitable.

Its not the Govt that have lost the plot, its Joe Public.
I saw some pics after the weekend of various beaches, like Bournemouth (south of England) and Barry (South Wales)...Bournemouth was heaving, packed in like sardines....Barry, hardly a soul there. Guess where the next hotspot will be?

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Its not the Govt that have lost the plot, its Joe Public.
I saw some pics after the weekend of various beaches, like Bournemouth (south of England) and Barry (South Wales)...Bournemouth was heaving, packed in like sardines....Barry, hardly a soul there. Guess where the next hotspot will be?
I have to agree and hate me for saying it but the amount of people trying to get into Wales from England to hit the beaches and being turned away is crazy, what’s wrong with England and why can’t they follow the rules? The images of packed beaches and parks are just the start of another outbreak yet you see beaches here almost empty. It’s madness and mindless.

10 March 2015
I have to agree and hate me for saying it but the amount of people trying to get into Wales from England to hit the beaches and being turned away is crazy, what’s wrong with England and why can’t they follow the rules? The images of packed beaches and parks are just the start of another outbreak yet you see beaches here almost empty. It’s madness and mindless.
Yup, we are lucky to be getting out to work, so boredom isnt too much of an issue, but we miss getting out and about, doing the "normal" stuff, so we understand why people are starting to crack, but it would be a shame to undo all the good effort we have made.

Reactions: Pearls and Therapon
24 November 2015
The beaches round here have been crazy with people leaving litter everywhere , buckets of poo left outside the hospital because they refused to let people in to use loos , one idiot tombstoning in a clised off waterfall , 27 rescuers and an air ambulance to lift him out of the valley , 4 hours of manpower used over a single persons stupidity

19 March 2015
The beaches round here have been crazy with people leaving litter everywhere , buckets of poo left outside the hospital because they refused to let people in to use loos , one idiot tombstoning in a clised off waterfall , 27 rescuers and an air ambulance to lift him out of the valley , 4 hours of manpower used over a single persons stupidity
What a tool.

D

Deleted member 11852

I think people all over the UK need to wake up and smell the bloody coffee. This pandemic shit is real. I know for a fact of one hospital in England which has started moving patients around because they need another amber ward for covid. Please stay safe everyone xxxx M

• Love
Reactions: Therapon and MP386
26 July 2016
Coffee! yuck horrible stuff, but yes the pandemic is very real, sat at the computer last night with the telly on in the back ground, news time not paying it much attention when I hears "Kirklees" suddenly my attention is on the telly. Not much detail in the story other than a factory was shut down because some of the employees tested positive for COVID, my first thoughts was where in kirklees is it, do any of the employees live near me, do I know any of them. Not much I can do except sheild as I was informed I should do. Early on I got the letter saying I was at risk, no shit I knew that, but I refuse to just sit on my arse all day in this dump of a house I share with my sister and her 2 kids and at the best of times things get tense. So for me the past weeks have been pretty much carry on as normal, I don't actually go out that much, but 6 days a week I climb in the old Landrover and head to the Cafe to get my dinner, it's take out these days, sit in the Landy cup of tea on the dash eating my food and watch the world go by, weathers been fairly misserable of late and I hardly see a soul out an about but when it was good, jeez I've never seen as many bodys about taking their daily "Exercise" some nice sights, some enough to put you off your food. Enough of my ramblings my thoughts on COVID

Its here for the long term, there is no cure they can only treat the symtoms, yes a steriod drug has been found that increases survival rates of those requiring oxgen therapy or ventilation. The lockdown measures are really only about managing the rate of infection so our hospitals can cope with the cases requiring medical intervention, As more people become infected the infection rate will come down naturally, chances are nearly all of us are going to catch it at some point will you be one of the lucky ones to never know you've had it, less lucky and be un-well, or really unfortunate and be hospitalised and may die. Some have likened COVID to Influenza and I think it's a very apt comparison, the Flu kills too remember. This strain of COVID is not the first it's the 19th thats been identified and it wont be the last and just like flu it'll mutate a bit and be back in circulation hopefully by then most of the "survivors" of this years strain will have some immunity and we won't have to lockdown like we did this year. I think it's going to be a while before the infection rate drops to a point where all restrictions will be lifted

19 March 2015
Coffee! yuck horrible stuff, but yes the pandemic is very real, sat at the computer last night with the telly on in the back ground, news time not paying it much attention when I hears "Kirklees" suddenly my attention is on the telly. Not much detail in the story other than a factory was shut down because some of the employees tested positive for COVID, my first thoughts was where in kirklees is it, do any of the employees live near me, do I know any of them. Not much I can do except sheild as I was informed I should do. Early on I got the letter saying I was at risk, no shit I knew that, but I refuse to just sit on my arse all day in this dump of a house I share with my sister and her 2 kids and at the best of times things get tense. So for me the past weeks have been pretty much carry on as normal, I don't actually go out that much, but 6 days a week I climb in the old Landrover and head to the Cafe to get my dinner, it's take out these days, sit in the Landy cup of tea on the dash eating my food and watch the world go by, weathers been fairly misserable of late and I hardly see a soul out an about but when it was good, jeez I've never seen as many bodys about taking their daily "Exercise" some nice sights, some enough to put you off your food. Enough of my ramblings my thoughts on COVID

Its here for the long term, there is no cure they can only treat the symtoms, yes a steriod drug has been found that increases survival rates of those requiring oxgen therapy or ventilation. The lockdown measures are really only about managing the rate of infection so our hospitals can cope with the cases requiring medical intervention, As more people become infected the infection rate will come down naturally, chances are nearly all of us are going to catch it at some point will you be one of the lucky ones to never know you've had it, less lucky and be un-well, or really unfortunate and be hospitalised and may die. Some have likened COVID to Influenza and I think it's a very apt comparison, the Flu kills too remember. This strain of COVID is not the first it's the 19th thats been identified and it wont be the last and just like flu it'll mutate a bit and be back in circulation hopefully by then most of the "survivors" of this years strain will have some immunity and we won't have to lockdown like we did this year. I think it's going to be a while before the infection rate drops to a point where all restrictions will be lifted
Imho we’re in this for the long haul (to form a cliche) and I don’t see how we can progress much further than what we can until a vaccine is found.
The “new way of life” is going to be madness to some and casual to others.
Our children will remember this as an awful year, but will likely see more.
I have recently seen it named SARS-Covid. Nuff said I think.
As long as we have dirty, overpopulated, overcrowded, underprivileged areas - Wuhan for example, we will always live with these threats.

FWIW for the first time since January we went last week to a chippy, grabbed a box of chips and went to a local area we love so much. I / we all felt great for an hour. Then returned home for lockdown. Wales, here things are very different and only recently we’re slowly starting to open up.
I disagree with it as if you watch the guidelines and stats daily, Wales is stable. Nothing more but certainly not less.
Our numbers are not changing much.
I don’t want to go out. I certainly won’t send our youngest back to school.
Don’t want my squaddie son to go back.
How our other two in Cardiff & Bristol have managed is anyone’s guess.
One put up cardboard cutouts of Chewbacca to chat to.
FUBAR I’d say.
This is not normal but yet it is.
Our kids liken it to The Black Death.
?

Reactions: Therapon and Colin
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
So, in England at least from the 4th July all except swimming pools, nightclubs & gyms can open back up!

How long before we see a second wave?
:tiphat:
Tiger xx
Leicester has an increase of new cases.

From a personal point of view and after speaking to a few people locally about how they can’t wait to get haircuts, going to a pub again, going to a gym and getting a holiday this year. That’s without bringing swinging into this. I wonder on people’s thought process and how they define priorities in this new way of living.
so what if we have to wipe out 2020 and be healthy and safe in the process!

We have all sacrificed at some point, I haven’t seen my mam for four months now, not seen our sons who are isolated alone and separately in Cardiff working from home.

As for this scene, I think patience is key and am sure by the end of this year and into next things will be different unless this virus spreads like another bush fire and looking at behaviours of people then that’s inevitable sadly.

So how we behave in the next weeks determine what the future brings. I for one can live without a gym, pub etc for now and am happy to carry on doing so until people change their way of thinking and respect others.

MP386

MOTM

9 November 2015
Leicester has an increase of new cases.

From a personal point of view and after speaking to a few people locally about how they can’t wait to get haircuts, going to a pub again, going to a gym and getting a holiday this year. That’s without bringing swinging into this. I wonder on people’s thought process and how they define priorities in this new way of living.
so what if we have to wipe out 2020 and be healthy and safe in the process!

We have all sacrificed at some point, I haven’t seen my mam for four months now, not seen our sons who are isolated alone and separately in Cardiff working from home.

As for this scene, I think patience is key and am sure by the end of this year and into next things will be different unless this virus spreads like another bush fire and looking at behaviours of people then that’s inevitable sadly.

So how we behave in the next weeks determine what the future brings. I for one can live without a gym, pub etc for now and am happy to carry on doing so until people change their way of thinking and respect others.
At some point we need to try to get back to some normality, there will be spikes let’s wait to see the out come of the Bournemouth shenanigans.... unless restraints are eased then we will never know if the virus will come back ....
what happens when the next new virus appears do we lock down the world again for every new one that rears it’s ugly head ....
It’s a difficult decision for anyone to make but at some point we have to move on ...

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
At some point we need to try to get back to some normality, there will be spikes let’s wait to see the out come of the Bournemouth shenanigans.... unless restraints are eased then we will never know if the virus will come back ....
what happens when the next new virus appears do we lock down the world again for every new one that rears it’s ugly head ....
It’s a difficult decision for anyone to make but at some point we have to move on ...
I agree but the stupidity is what I’m on about. Who gives a toss if you can’t have a holiday this year to protect lives. Going to a gym when you can clearly do most things at home. I just don’t understand how people think any more and as for beaches! #idiots ??

MP386

MOTM

9 November 2015
I agree but the stupidity is what I’m on about. Who gives a toss if you can’t have a holiday this year to protect lives. Going to a gym when you can clearly do most things at home. I just don’t understand how people think any more and as for beaches! #idiots ??
People will be people....in some respects we are all selfish just think about ourselves , you will always have the attitude well if they can do it so can I ...
No one will deny it’s a bad virus the numbers are big but in the whole scheme of things that large number is just a small percentage so we can only do what our own conscience tells us to do ....

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
People will be people....in some respects we are all selfish just think about ourselves , you will always have the attitude well if they can do it so can I ...
No one will deny it’s a bad virus the numbers are big but in the whole scheme of things that large number is just a small percentage so we can only do what our own conscience tells us to do ....
Maybe I’m just one of the lucky ones who don’t follow others. I look forward to seeing my mam again (not her cooking) and seeing our boys again as for anything else, holidays, pubs are at the bottom of the list. We are really lucky here though and we live in quite a small community, we’re not over run with numbers like some areas. I guess that helps. X

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Maybe I’m just one of the lucky ones who don’t follow others. I look forward to seeing my mam again (not her cooking) and seeing our boys again as for anything else, holidays, pubs are at the bottom of the list. We are really lucky here though and we live in quite a small community, we’re not over run with numbers like some areas. I guess that helps. X
Now I’ve caused a riot I’m orf to cook a pork dinner :eek:

24 November 2015
Im in the pub trade ,we reopen 4th july and being on the coast i for one am dreading it ,already been rediculous behaviour on the beaches ,and small streets have been a ballache to maintain distancing from tourists and day trippers . I for one think a next wave is inevitable but as others say we need to move forward, this virus is here for a while and the way we live our lives is now the new norm for a long time to come