Sending out that do you fancy meeting up message

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
19 March 2015
Can't say I know Cardiff particularly well but it doesn't seem particularly Welsh... I dunno... plenty of vague interest and time wasters but no follow through.
Truth, it's a mix of Wenglish. FUBAR works here......
But. As I said, got very lucky in a bar.

Bloody good thing too as I'd also lucked out on the Airbnb - 5th floor penthouse flat with 3 balconies and a room so large it had a red pool table in the middle. It was stunning. I was astounded. £60 a night 'cos I thought the Holiday Inn overpriced.

And I got to fuck someone on the pool table and on the leather sofas and on a recliner on the balcony... despite the dark machinations of Cardiff.

Really good sex too. Total fantasy fuck.

Get in!
You Sir, are such a tarte! One raises a glass and tips hat. :tiphat:

Reactions: Deleted member 6485
4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
Truth, it's a mix of Wenglish. FUBAR works here......

You Sir, are such a tarte! One raises a glass and tips hat. :tiphat:
That wasn't being a tart, that was against the odds finding someone to share a very enjoyable and surprising evening in a fantastic location.

Being a tart was finishing at 4am, going to a work event the following morning (just), cutting off going to the pub at 4pm and going off to see someone else. Who was perfectly lovely n' all but the previous night's exertions would have been a tough act for anyone to follow.

*doffs bowler*

Reactions: Deleted member 6485
19 March 2015
That wasn't being a tart, that was against the odds finding someone to share a very enjoyable and surprising evening in a fantastic location.

Being a tart was finishing at 4am, going to a work event the following morning (just), cutting off going to the pub at 4pm and going off to see someone else. Who was perfectly lovely n' all but the previous night's exertions would have been a tough act for anyone to follow.

*doffs bowler*
Just... :grin:

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
My lips are positively sealed here Joe... :censored: :whistle:
There was the night I randomly went home with a guy I met in a pub at Euston when I was out with work... got bored with them, spotted the older guy in Edwardian gear at the bar, smiled. He comes over and offered me snuff from a little silver box! I was amazed! Started chatting, got on like a house on fire. He's retired, worked in the oil industry (still not sure I believe much of this)... blah blah... about an hour in he slips me some speed.

2 hrs later we're back at his place, have taken a tab of acid each and are going through my Burning Man photos and laughing our heads off.

9 hrs later I have a minor meltdown as I remember that I'm supposed to meet my boss in 3hrs, haven't slept and am tripping my tits off but still have to go to work to pick up my new phone...

That was a tricky day :eek:

Reactions: Pearls
10 July 2018
And picked someone up.
Respectful doffing of the imaginary hat I’m not actually wearing...

Despite meetings, occasionally, and various relationships, the one thing I’ve genuinely never done... is pick someone up in a pub or [non-scene] club. Whatever skillset one needs, I was off school the day they taught it.

Neither have I successfully been picked up in a pub/club. I’ll stress that: successfully. I was picked up, twice, in about six weeks, a few years back. With the first one, soon as we exchanged numbers, she held it up, there was a cheer from a group of girls on a table across the room... yep, they were out on a hen night and she’d been dared to get my number. Second time, a few weeks later, I spotted it immediately and asked her if she wanted me to give her my number straight away so she could go back to her friends and we could both get on with our nights? (She wasn’t happy...)

So, as a general rule of thumb, I avoid picking women up in pubs because I’m really, really awful at it and avoid being picked up because my only examples have been setups....

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
Respectful doffing of the imaginary hat I’m not actually wearing...

Despite meetings, occasionally, and various relationships, the one thing I’ve genuinely never done... is pick someone up in a pub or [non-scene] club. Whatever skillset one needs, I was off school the day they taught it.

Neither have I successfully been picked up in a pub/club. I’ll stress that: successfully. I was picked up, twice, in about six weeks, a few years back. With the first one, soon as we exchanged numbers, she held it up, there was a cheer from a group of girls on a table across the room... yep, they were out on a hen night and she’d been dared to get my number. Second time, a few weeks later, I spotted it immediately and asked her if she wanted me to give her my number straight away so she could go back to her friends and we could both get on with our nights? (She wasn’t happy...)

So, as a general rule of thumb, I avoid picking women up in pubs because I’m really, really awful at it and avoid being picked up because my only examples have been setups....
The tune was for me, not you! ;)

You're clearly intelligent and articulate - what makes you think you're awful at picking someone up?

10 July 2018
So what's the difference...?
Oh, I hope it didn’t - I don’t - come over as an ‘ah, poor me’. Seriously. Wasn’t my intention.

Everyone has their skill sets, everyone has their comfort zones; chatting with a stranger in a pub, unsolicited, has never been one of mine.

But, yeah, I think there’s a difference between standing at the bar, seeing someone, I dunno, looking up at the telly, or reading the paper, and sympathising, or acknowledging a shared experience... and trying to pick someone up. A big difference, for me.

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
Oh, I hope it didn’t - I don’t - come over as an ‘ah, poor me’. Seriously. Wasn’t my intention.

Everyone has their skill sets, everyone has their comfort zones; chatting with a stranger in a pub, unsolicited, has never been one of mine.

But, yeah, I think there’s a difference between standing at the bar, seeing someone, I dunno, looking up at the telly, or reading the paper, and sympathising, or acknowledging a shared experience... and trying to pick someone up. A big difference, for me.
Fair enough.

But for me it's a continuum. In that instance, in the bar, the tell for me was about 10 mins in and they had initiated conversation and we were exchanging general pleasantries. What happened...?

Ok. We ended up talking about work, which is as far as I'm concerned a filler subject and the conversation faltered.

And then they made a couple of (slightly awkward) attempts to talk about something else, which made me think that this person actually wants to keep talking to me, at which point I changed tactics.

19 March 2015
Fair enough.

But for me it's a continuum. In that instance, in the bar, the tell for me was about 10 mins in and they had initiated conversation and we were exchanging general pleasantries. What happened...?

Ok. We ended up talking about work, which is as far as I'm concerned a filler subject and the conversation faltered.

And then they made a couple of (slightly awkward) attempts to talk about something else, which made me think that this person actually wants to keep talking to me, at which point I changed tactics.
Which of course is all a good thing. Obviously they had intentions. :)