So How Far Is Too Far

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
19 March 2015
We read a lot about folks saying someone is too far away to meet up so just wondered how far folks think is too far to travel. We personally have traveled to John O Groats for a meet and as far south as Devon and Dorset in the past but then we combine our love of bikes and meeting people together and make it a nice weekend away on the bikes of it with a social tagged on in the evening and then who knows what might happen. However this year has been different as due to personal reasons we are having to limit ourselves to about an hours travel and return home the same night. So come on how far would you go for a meet.

Travelling is fine with us, it makes no odds if you have to go a few hours in a car, doesnt bother us x
Aye all good here. Travelled easily 5-6 hours and one was 8 hours, previously. So it really isn't an issue.
Like that song aye; "It's got to be, worth it" so you have to give a little. The more you give, well, the more you give but hopefully the more you get out of it too. :D

25 July 2016
City
Tamworth
Thats exactly why we used to make a weekend of it and go on the bikes so that the meet was only absmall part of it and not the main event so to speak.

It's more the fact that I only get three weekends off after working six. So I have to balance little ones, reenactments and this. Impossible sometimes. :(

Reactions: Pearls
4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
I'm staggeringly lazy. Unless I'm actually going somewhere (ie London), I generally ask people to come see me.

And they mostly do - I've had callers from afar afield as Cardiff, Brighton, London and one silly sod from Bolton :)

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
I'm staggeringly lazy. Unless I'm actually going somewhere (ie London), I generally ask people to come see me.

And they mostly do - I've had callers from afar afield as Cardiff, Brighton, London and one silly sod from Bolton :)
Cardiff you say :whistle::whistle:

3 July 2017
City
Okehampton
Once went to Lille.... but it was worth it and I got to stay with an old school friend to-boot. The first club I went to was in Derby. Living in Devon, one accept that travel is essential (even getting from North Devon to South Devon is an hour or so). Many times I have had meets in London or the midlands. So "far" is not an issue

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
Once went to Lille.... but it was worth it and I got to stay with an old school friend to-boot. The first club I went to was in Derby. Living in Devon, one accept that travel is essential (even getting from North Devon to South Devon is an hour or so). Many times I have had meets in London or the midlands. So "far" is not an issue
Oh, be like that! Fine.

I once went to New York to follow something up, and that was well worth it :p

Reactions: Deleted member 6485
B

Bobbie

1hr40mins one way for a long standing friend but it does limit meets, no way in speculation.

Reactions: Pearls