What Are You Reading?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1030
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
  • Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
D

Deleted member 6127

UP - My life’s journey to the top of Everest, - Ben Fogle

My obsession with Everest, read anything, watch anything about the beautiful mountain. Having seen her and experienced the magic of Himalayas I can’t resist a great read about her xxxx :0)) T

Reactions: Deleted member 1030
10 March 2015
"Mad, bad, and dangerous to know"... the autobiography of Sir Ranolph Fiennes.
And also "Operation Mayhem"... true story of 26 British soldiers who took on 2000 rebels in Sierra Leonne to protect a small village...and won.

Reactions: Deleted member 1030
D

Deleted member 1030

I'm currently re-reading Frank Herbert's 'Dune' - a sci-fi epic set on a desert world populated by giant worms, where great houses fight to control the 'Spice', the greatest drug in the universe. Also, the Quantity Theory of Insanity by Will Self, because I do like a bit of sarcastic, world-weary cynicism.

I recently re-read 'On The Road' by Jack Kerouac, just to see if it's the "the greatest book I've ever read", as I've been saying since I was a wannabe-cool 14 year-old. Nah, it's not. It's quite a good book, though.

The books that had the most profound effect on me were probably 'Heroes', a collection of John Pilger's journalism and 'Johnathan Livingstone Seagull' by Richard Bach, a beautiful book about a seagull that believes that his life - and the gift of flight - is about more than just catching fish.

19 March 2015
All about Linux, python and some other books regarding code.
Boring or what. :D

But also - a book about murders which took place a few years ago here.. Terrible and tragic.
The book is called; The Clydach Murders - a Miscarriage of Justice.
A terrible, terrible quad & 3 generation, murders that took place and one man was supposedly framed. I remember it all quite well and it shocked the whole city and then UK.

D

Deleted member 1030

But also - a book about murders which took place a few years ago here.. Terrible and tragic.
The book is called; The Clydach Murders - a Miscarriage of Justice.
A terrible, terrible quad & 3 generation, murders that took place and one man was supposedly framed. I remember it all quite well and it shocked the whole city and then UK.
I lived next door to that guy for a while and I was interviewed by CID (along with most of the village) regarding the murders. Mandy, the kids' mum was a friend. A horrible, horrible time for the whole village and beyond. Just horrible.

19 March 2015
I lived next door to that guy for a while and I was interviewed by CID (along with most of the village) regarding the murders. Mandy, the kids' mum was a friend. A horrible, horrible time for the whole village and beyond. Just horrible.
That's interesting & sad to hear at the same time. Mandy was a friend of someone close to me (another time perhaps..) and I knew nothing about her/them until this happened.
It's an awful dreadful situation.

However, he (you know who) has always protested his innocence okay. Reading this book, thinking in my own memories from the time and what was suggested, said and projected - makes me think: 'this guy could well and truly have been shafted by the fuzz...'
Sadly.
There's something else which is significant too but not so important in this thread tbh.