Here goes... Coronavirus.

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
19 March 2015
What do we think of this vaccine then :)
Agree with both posts above. There’s a long way to go IMHO and too many studies that need to be carried out surely?
Only last week we didn’t have one. Only yesterday it was announced it’s possible.
Then today we’re being told - brace for mass immunisation.

As was mentioned just now; what about the 10% who aren’t affected by this? Are they the 1% who die as a result? Because if so, that’s a LOT of deaths uncovered by a vaccine.
Too early to party I say. But I’m a pessimist anyway so .... x

19 March 2015
Agree with both posts above. There’s a long way to go IMHO and too many studies that need to be carried out surely?
Only last week we didn’t have one. Only yesterday it was announced it’s possible.
Then today we’re being told - brace for mass immunisation.

As was mentioned just now; what about the 10% who aren’t affected by this? Are they the 1% who die as a result? Because if so, that’s a LOT of deaths uncovered by a vaccine.
Too early to party I say. But I’m a pessimist anyway so .... x
I.D cards and papers next, saying we’re immune and clean. :cautious: Wrist bands to “prove” we’ve been vaccinated. X

• Wow
Reactions: Therapon and Pearls
W

MOTM

24 October 2018
Just shows how much the media hype everything up.. On my way to Oldham last night they spoke to a proffesor from the labs in London working on the vaccine.. He said its not a race to be the first one to produce a vaccine but more a joint worldwide effort to produce a few different vaccines.. The papers turned up at 2am and all over the front pages it says end of the pandemic in sight as vaccine has been produced.. Everything will be back to normal by spring 2021.. Nothing like that was mentioned so God knows where they get the story's from.. Imagine what sort of world we would be living in if everyone believed every word in the media.. W.. ??

23 February 2016
City
Port Melbourne
Well we have done it, 2 weeks of zero cases, Australia is virus free. New South Wales gets the odd case from returning Australians but they are already quarantined in a hotel anyway and are not released until they are negative. Also after 2 quarters of negative growth, i.e. a reccession, we are back into positive growth so out of recession. It has been hard but we have done it

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Well we have done it, 2 weeks of zero cases, Australia is virus free. New South Wales gets the odd case from returning Australians but they are already quarantined in a hotel anyway and are not released until they are negative. Also after 2 quarters of negative growth, i.e. a reccession, we are back into positive growth so out of recession. It has been hard but we have done it
That’s fantastic news, the brits don’t take it as seriously sadly and today’s new cases have totalled over 33,000 so it may take a while to get us down to zero.

23 February 2016
City
Port Melbourne
But, it's also our Autumn/Winter too. So... x
Most of the states here in Australia went through Winter with almost zero cases because when they came out of lockdown they closed their borders to all other states. Victoria blew up because they used basic security guards to control those returning Australians in quarantine and they were letting those in quarantine out for day trips etc and were even having sex with those in quarantine. The guards caught the virus and spread it to their families and into the old people's homes where the workers then caught it and off it went. The whole area of returning Australians and quarantine was the cause and has seen several politicians resigning from it, a parlimentary inquiry and hard lockdowns and a "ring of steel" lockdown around Melbourne. If it had not been for that then I guess we too in Victoria could have gone through winter with zero cases like the other states. At the end of this month it is believed that all of Australia will be open for interstate travel between the states and any returning Australians will be quarantined under police guard or wearing ankle bracelets in their own home with 2 police visits per day.

19 March 2015
Most of the states here in Australia went through Winter with almost zero cases because when they came out of lockdown they closed their borders to all other states. Victoria blew up because they used basic security guards to control those returning Australians in quarantine and they were letting those in quarantine out for day trips etc and were even having sex with those in quarantine. The guards caught the virus and spread it to their families and into the old people's homes where the workers then caught it and off it went. The whole area of returning Australians and quarantine was the cause and has seen several politicians resigning from it, a parlimentary inquiry and hard lockdowns and a "ring of steel" lockdown around Melbourne. If it had not been for that then I guess we too in Victoria could have gone through winter with zero cases like the other states. At the end of this month it is believed that all of Australia will be open for interstate travel between the states and any returning Australians will be quarantined under police guard or wearing ankle bracelets in their own home with 2 police visits per day.
Yes have seen some pretty tough footage as I mentioned before.
But remember; we're one of the most densely populated countries in the world too. We really are. I think we're fifth most densely populated.
I said at the start; we should close all borders, enforce police action, stop flights - in/out. Lock the entire country down.

As a libertarian, I believe in freedoms. But taking some away is absolutely necessary, as did Victoria, to take them away to stop the spread.
Granted you're more open than the UK space wise, but we should look at use case examples to get a grip of this shit.

W

MOTM

24 October 2018
I heard on the radio this morning a professor at one of the labs said there 4 different vaccines going to public trials in the next few weeks.. He said just one is no good because it wouldn't be suitable for everyone.. I. E the elderly and people with underlying conditions will need a different dosage to others plus if there's side affects they may need a different one.... It is amazing the speed these companies have moved to produce vaccines.. Hopefully some of them will work.. W.. ????