This Thursday...

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
1 September 2018
City
Cardiff
Would love a people's parliament but then - you can't pluck people off the street either.
Hence the... democratic process.

I have had this genius idea for many years now that I call the republic of Dave.

Picture this, we keep the civil servants, all the permanent under secretaries of departments (who actually come up with the policies that are passed on to the politicians to decide on and claim as their own)

We ditch the whole houses of parliament, both commons and lords HA.

Instead one member of the public is chosen at random to serve as DAVE for one year.With a suitable salary for the term of his/her office not for life as our current ones get.
Then he/her listens to the permanent under secretaries about spending policy decisions and picks what he/she chooses.
After a year another member of the public takes the reins, there is no opportunity for self serving politicians to feather their own nest and after 312 years the basic laws of right and wrong should be settled. So why do we need hundreds of elected politicians and unelected Lords sitting and debating what we can and cant do.

19 March 2015
I have had this genius idea for many years now that I call the republic of Dave.

Picture this, we keep the civil servants, all the permanent under secretaries of departments (who actually come up with the policies that are passed on to the politicians to decide on and claim as their own)

We ditch the whole houses of parliament, both commons and lords HA.

Instead one member of the public is chosen at random to serve as DAVE for one year.With a suitable salary for the term of his/her office not for life as our current ones get.
Then he/her listens to the permanent under secretaries about spending policy decisions and picks what he/she chooses.
After a year another member of the public takes the reins, there is no opportunity for self serving politicians to feather their own nest and after 312 years the basic laws of right and wrong should be settled. So why do we need hundreds of elected politicians and unelected Lords sitting and debating what we can and cant do.
Brilliant! I have seen this type of suggestion before and really do agree with it. It's more of a publicly held office, than Lords n' MP's. It would therefore be more democratic and even - everyone would have a more level playing field.
It's certainly not fascism nor communism either.

L

Louise94

The majority of the Irish who would not be happy with a border between north and south are the ones who wish for the Isle of Ireland to be united and not part of the U.K., again the majority wish to stay part of the U.K. and not Ireland.

When I lived in Belfast, all of my bosses - I had three different jobs - regularly did business in the South. A hard border would have a serious impact on their income and I would imagine many others. I think it’s more than just being/not being part of the U.K. :)

Xxx